Wednesday, April 23, 2014

And The Verdict Is........

So, is the urban legend concerning Rich and all the acid true? It's hard to know for sure. I will say that all of the evidence seems pretty convincing. To everyone close to Rich, he seemingly went from an average guy with a bright future to an unkempt man endlessly walking the streets of Portsmouth. I may not have learned if the urban legend is true for certain, but I did absolutely learn something else. Before starting this project I would have assumed that Rich didn't have many family or any friends to speak of. It always made me sad to see him constantly walking alone or at the bar having a beer by himself. But, after digging deeper with this project,
I have learned that the entire town of Portsmouth cares deeply about Rich and his well-being. Not only does he have family who are concerned, but also many people who consider him a friend and help him in anyway they can. Several Portsmouth residents who worked in fast food places and restaurants told me that they would always invite Rich in and let him drink coffee or buy him a meal. This project has made me proud of my hometown.

2 comments:

  1. I've been a bartender for 5 years and had many laughing conversations with rich, he knows me by name and knows some details in which I've told him always grateful and loved seeing him laugh! He occasionally would try an tip me $1 to put iny "fishbowl" as he would say. He is loved by many

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known Rich since Jr. High School. I know exactly what changed him, why and where it was done but will not discuss this on here.
    Spent almost an hour talking with him at BDubs this week. Very enjoyable conversation about school days.

    ReplyDelete